Friday, June 14, 2013

One of Those Days

Have you ever had one of those days weeks that just seems like nothing could go right.  I'm having one of those this week.  It's the first full week of summer vacation and I'm glad my kids are home, but it's been raining.  A lot.  We even went to the pool yesterday and it rained while we were there.  So we've been stuck inside. A lot.

This week it feels like nothing is going my way.  I feel like bursting into tears and have several times.  You know at great times like driving to the pediatricians office or to the grocery store.  I'm just emotional.  I'm worn out and I'm tired.

But that right there "nothing is going my way" is probably my biggest problem.  I'm trying to control my life and my situations and when they don't go my way, I pout.  Maybe I even through a fit.  Isaiah 55:8-9 says "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.  "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yesterday I decided to forced myself to do an audio Holy Yoga practice with Brooke Boon.  It was on my mat where I heard Him say this.  

Why are you trying to do this alone?  Why are you trying to rely on yourself to get you through this?  I'm right here waiting for you to let me help you.

Bam!  How true is that?  Why don't I rely on Him when the going gets tough?  Because I know from experience that it's going to get tough.  Life is one big roller coaster with ups and downs.

Matthew 11:28-30 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

He wants to bear the weight of my loads, of your loads.  He wants to help us through the thick of it and get us to the other side.  It won't be easy, it will take work.  But He will give us rest.  He has a plan and it's a good one.  I just don't know what it is.  But, if I take the time to be with Him every chance I can I might start to see little bits and pieces of it.

"For I know the plan I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

Can you lean into Him with me today?  Can you trust Him enough to let go of your plans?

Blessings,
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment