So, for those of you who didn't know. The boys and I were rear ended at a stoplight in March of this year. The car has since been long repaired, but we've been going to the chiropractor once a week or more since March 30th. I was thinking the other night about what I've learned from having the accident and I thought I would share with all of you...
1. Ice and massage are your best friends. I can't tell you how much these two thing have helped me and are still helping me on an almost daily basis.
2. Dr. Andy (pictured below), Dr. Kyle, Rachael and the other staff at HealthSource Chiropractic are fantastic and I wouldn't be moving without them. My kids LOVE all of them too.
3. Call a good Personal Injury Lawyer early on in the process. I just got one and I wish I had done it earlier... maybe early April! Don't sign anything from your insurance company without talking to your lawyer about it first.
4. Call the police after an accident. Yes, even if it's a "minor" accident. That police report will help you later on.
5. Embrace your portable dvd player and bring it with you to your chiropractic/rehab therapy appointments. It will get your kids to sit quietly and allow you to get your pt done so you can go home.
6. Stretch. Stretch. Stretch. STRETCH! Did you get that one?
7. Drink lots of water. I know everyone says it, but it really does help flush all the crap out of your body when you're getting adjusted.
8. Take pictures of the damage to your car AND keep them. Don't delete them off of your phone like I did!
9. Bring someone with you to your IME (Independent Medical Exam) to take notes, very detailed notes. For those of you who don't know what an IME is, it's what the insurance company sends you to so they can stop paying for your medical care.
10. Myles stopped getting ear infections when we started going to the chiropractor. It's amazing really... we were going to have to get tubes. There are other health benefits to the chiropractor too, but I won't get into those today.