Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Stuffed Baby Peppers

I decided to try out a new recipe for my family Christmas this year, Stuffed Baby Peppers.  They were so good, I had to share them with you!  You can find the original recipe here.  I did make a few changes, which I will share a little later.

Start by washing your mini bell peppers, cutting off the stems and cleaning out the seeds and veins.  This takes awhile, but they are sooooo good it's worth the time.


When you're ready to stuff your peppers this is what your filling will look like.  I used turkey bacon instead of pancetta because it's what I had on hand.  I also completely forgot to add salt and pepper, but they were still amazing.


After reading reviews on the site I decided to use a ziploc bag with the corner cut off to fill my peppers.  I thought it would go much faster (I had 48 to fill) and be much neater.  This didn't work for me.  It was messy and I wasn't able to get filling all the way to the tips of the peppers.  So, I grabbed my icing bag with a coupler.  I didn't put a tip on it because my peas and bacon wouldn't be able to come through.  This worked GREAT!    


Here are my beautiful peppers filled and ready to go in the oven.  They were fabulous and I think I could have eaten all of them.  
I will definitely make this again... I just have to find a day when I have time :)


So, because it took me so long to make them (I enjoyed every second) we were running a little late to get to the Christmas party.  I didn't get a chance to take a picture of them when they were done in the oven.  Here's a picture of them from foodnetwork.com

(source)

Happy Cooking!

Megan



1 comment: