Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fried Pickles

Back in December I stumbled across the blog Schilling Times by way of a fried pickles pin on pinterest.  Little did I know that it would become a blog that I love following.  


I finally made the fried pickles.  You can find the recipe here.  They were delicious! 


This is how I made the pickles (due to what was in the pantry)...

Ingredients
1 jar pickle slices ( I just used enough to fill one cookie sheet)
2 eggs
1/3 cup flour
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
Creamy Spinach Dip for dipping (recipe found here, I made it differently and will tell you about that sometime too)


Directions
-Turn oven broiler on high.
-In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and flour. 
-Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder and pepper and mix well.
-Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. 
-Dunk each pickle slice into the egg mixture, than dredge it in the bread crumbs.
-Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.  
-Arrange pickles on baking sheet and place in the middle rack of the oven. 
-Broil for about 3 minutes on each side.  Watch them closely... it goes fast!
-Serve with Creamy Spinach Dip or Ranch Dressing.


I almost forgot to take a picture of them, so this is the few that were left.  Sorry about the bad lighting.

Happy Cooking Everyone!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment