Thursday, September 27, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane

It's midnight.  I've been sitting here typing up the schedule/instructions/emergency contacts, etc for when I'm gone next month.  I leave for a week so I can finish my Holy Yoga Instructor training.  I can't believe that my Holy Yoga retreat is only four and a half weeks away.  

This makes me think back to nine months ago when I first felt I was being called to become an instructor.  I thought I was supposed to start my training in January.  That didn't happen.  It was just moving too fast.  Plus, it turns out if you wait and do things on God's timing everything works out better than you could ever imagine (i.e. scholarships, grants, peace, calm, spiritual growth).  I would have been done with training in May and teaching already, but that wasn't in His plan.  Looking back, I wouldn't have been ready either.  God still had a lot of work to do to prepare me.  I didn't start my training until July and I will be done in November.  So, it will be about 10 months from start (first thoughts) to finish (certification).  

I can't believe how much my life has changed in less than a year and it's all because of Him.  
So, what exactly have I learned in the last nine months?

Life is better when I completely rely on Him.
The Bible has the answer to any (yes, any) problem I may have.
Prayer is POWERFUL!
Listen for the whisper of God's voice.
I am never done, I will always have something new to learn.
Reading multiple versions of the Bible is an amazing way to understand God's word.
Accountability partners are awesome.
Prayer is life changing!
Sometimes you have to read out loud to get it.
If you're too comfortable, you're probably following your own plan... not His.
Holy Yoga is so not about the Yoga.  It's so all about JESUS!

That last one I already knew from the first time I set foot into a Holy Yoga class, but it's still so true and I continue to be reminded of it.  

Holy Yoga will be coming to Messiah UMC in November. I will keep you all posted and hope to see you in a class.  Just you, your mat and Jesus Christ!

I'm so excited to share Him with you!

Blessings,
Megan 



No comments:

Post a Comment