Monday, September 10, 2012

When is it okay to ask. . .

In the past two weeks I've been asked if I'm pregnant two times!  Two times.  In the last 18 months I've been asked this a total of 4 times!  Does this happen to you?  I realize that I am about 15 pounds overweight and it tends to reside in my tummy.  I'm trying to lose the weight and then some, but it's not easy to do with two little kids and not a lot of extra time.  Excuses, excuses... I know.  

I'm sure I'm not the only one that this has happened to.  

So, when is it ok to ask a woman if she is pregnant?

(source)

NEVER!

If she is pregnant, she will tell you when she wants to tell you.  And, if she's not pregnant than you've saved yourself a lot of embarrassment.  Oh, and if you're the one who's being asked and you're not preggers (or if you are) just respond with a quick "ARE YOU?!?!"

Hope this brought you a good laugh!
Megan

6 comments:

  1. I haven't been asked if I am pregnant, but I do get asked when am I going to have another baby or if we are "trying". I think those questions can be just as awkward! Do people really want to know how often we have sex?? lol Or what if someone has been trying unsuccessfully and doesn't want to talk about it!

    Great post, Megan!

    ~Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Gina! I think people just get excited about babies, but should be careful about what they ask. You're right, they don't know the circumstances of your life!

      Delete
  2. I was asked a few months ago... it was very awkward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been asked this, but I'm sure you can recall my story of being asked 3 times within a week and a half time-frame whether or not Faith was my grandchild. The first time I was just sort of stunned by it. The second time I cried...hard. The third time I just had to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was asked at work a few months ago... it totally shocked me!

    ReplyDelete