Friday, May 4, 2012

Need a Chocolate Fix?

I've been making this for several months now and thought it was time to share it with all of you.  I found this amazing microwave brownie recipe on Pinterest.  It is sooooo good!  

Two-Minute Mug Brownie
(recipe from Babble)

1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch salt
2 Tbsp canola or other mild vegetable oil
2 Tbsp milk, coffee of water

In a heatproof mug or ramekin, stir together the dry ingredients until no lumps remain.  Stir in the oil and milk until you have a thick paste.

Microwave on high for a minute, checking it after 30 seconds (microwaves vary)- it will be done with it's springy on top but still gooey- like the very best brownie.  Eat warm.


So, I've tried adapting the recipe by doing several things, but it's never as good as the original.  I've used whole wheat flour, but it gets a little grainy (which I don't mind).  I've tried applesauce in place of oil, but it's dries out (the same thing happens with half oil/half applesauce).  So, I'm just going to stick with the original (sometimes with ice cream) because it's FANTASTIC!

So, here's to finding the cure to my late night chocolate cravings (though it's not very diet friendly).  Also, sorry there isn't a picture.  It's so good that it never lasts long enough for me to take a picture!

Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment