Monday, October 29, 2012

Home Today

I was supposed to be in Virginia right now at my Holy Yoga retreat.  So, why am I not there?  Hurricane Sandy shut down Reagan airport when I was sitting on my plane this morning.  It's ok though, I don't have any control.  It's in God's hands.  I came back home and slept for a couple of hours.  I'm booked on the flight for tomorrow morning (if Reagan airport is open) and I will be joining my class a day late.  I'm just hoping to get my bag back today.  What?!?!  Yep, my bag went to Lansing, MI this morning.  They didn't get it off the plane in time.  I just smiled and filled out the report.  I'm glad a little part of me was able to head to DC this morning :).

When I sat down this morning to do my devotion from Jesus Calling this is what it said:
"LINGER IN MY PRESENCE A WHILE.  Rein in your impulses to plunge into the day's activites.  Beginning your day alone with Me is essential preparation for success.  A great athlete takes time to prepare himslef mentally for the feat ahead of him before he moves a muscle.  Similarly, your time of being still in My Presence equips you for the day ahead of you.  Only I know what will happen to you this day.  I have arranged the events you will encounter as you go along your way.  If you are not adequately equipped for the journey, you will grow weary and lose heart.  Relax with Me while I ready you for action."

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Hebrews 12:3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

What now?  I wait, I pray, I listen to what's in His will.  It might not be what I want it to be, but I know that whatever he has planned for me is better than I can imagine.

Today I'm praying for the storm to calm, for a good nights sleep tonight (I haven't slept well the past two nights because I'm so excited), that I get my bag back (they said I should be able to pick it up in the morning before I fly out), and that my cold and headache go away.

Blessings,
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment