Monday, December 2, 2013

Stop and Savor

The busyness of the holiday season is here.  I went to Target last week and it was packed.  I knew that Thanksgiving was just a few days away, but it was just chaotic.  And only to get busier as the holiday season continues.

I have an inner struggle that goes on during this time of the year.  I want to make memories and give gifts and share in the season, but I want to remember what the TRUE meaning of the season is.  The whole reason why I'm here and I'm free... Jesus.

He is the reason for the season.

His birth is what made way for Him dying on the cross so my sins, your sins, could be forgiven.

So friends, can we stop and savor this time?  This time to wait and anticipate what's coming.

He is the ULTIMATE gift.

The gift that continues to give every month.  Every week.  Every day.  Every minute.

Will you accept it and slow down or will you fall into the busyness?

He's waiting...

Peace,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment