Friday, May 3, 2013

His Plans {Holy Yoga Message}



You may recognize this picture from this post or from seeing this labyrinth at the Holy Yoga retreat in April at Spirit in the Desert .  

Do you stumble through life trying to keep control, but knowing that if you gave up control to Him it would be so much greater than anything you could imagine?  That's me... join the club.  It's not a club I want to be in, but I'm human.  I make mistakes.  I try to surrender and it's hard.  It give into fear and hold on to control. I'm learning that when I do let go it truly is so much better.  His plans are always better and greater than the plans that I think are good for me.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (emphasis mine)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Friends He doesn't want to harm us.  He wants to prosper us, give us hope and a future.  What do we have to do?  Call on Him and pray to Him and He will listen.  He will listen to our prayers, the desires of our hearts.  He will show us where He wants us to go.  What path he wants us to take.  Trust Him.

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a persons heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

It is His purpose that will prevail.  Ask Him what His purpose, His plan is for you.

Psalm 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

His Word lights our paths.  We need to read it, digest it in our souls.  When we're lost or confused it's what He's given us to look to for answers.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.

Trust.  Surrender.  Sacrifice your life to Him.  Daily.  Hourly.  He is there for you and He wants to help you. You have to let Him help you.  He won't help without your permission.  

Our job is to focus on the present, not in the past or the future.  Be here with God in the moment.  He's forgiven our past and He has the future in His hands.  Trust in Him.  We're on His path.

Blessings,
Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment