Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Very Special Person - A Guest Post

I am so thrilled to see how God is at work in our lives.  I got an email this morning from my "very special person" from this post.  She wanted to share a little more about her story, how our paths crossed at Holy Yoga retreat, and what God is doing with her since retreat.  So, I introduce LJ.  My sweet friend that God brought me in my time of need.


I feel as though I need to add my story to Megan's, because I am "the very special person...[who] knew exactly what [she] was going through."  Megan's story is moving and my story is moving, but the way our stories connect is amazing and shows just how truly awesome our God is.

Three days before Megan's miscarriage, my husband and I lost our first baby.  God showed me, shortly after it happened, that I would be asked to share my experience with others so that He could love people through me.  This was a hard revelation because it was not something I wanted to discuss, even though I wanted to be used by Him to help people.

Megan was in my small group at the Holy Yoga retreat.  She shared her testimony with us--her struggles with losing her two babies--and I felt God urging me to enter into her grief and walk alongside her.  I refused.  Too vulnerable.  Too scary.  During meditation the next morning, God STRONGLY nudged me (more of a shove, really) to share my story and my pain with Megan.  I wrestled with it for a while, but finally submitted and we began a week-long process of healing together. He turned our mourning into joy and our sorrow into gladness (Jer 31:13)

I came home from Arizona perfectly contented to let the story end there and sing God's praises, for "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds" (Ps 147:3).  But God had bigger plans. My pastor pulled me aside in church and asked if I would speak to a new believer who just lost her baby.  He said he knew that we were keeping it to ourselves, but this woman needs to talk to someone who has been through it and so I came to mind. "I didn't know...is this too soon?"

Not a moment too soon!  A week ago, I would not have been ready, but by God's grace and for His glory, He gave me exactly what I needed when I needed it in order to be equipped to do the work He has for me to do--work that only I can do BECAUSE of my pain here on this earth; my submission to and trust in God's higher plan for my pain; and God's provision, comfort, and love through it all. Isn't that the message of the cross?

I just wanted to share that because Megan was as much a part of my healing process as I was part of hers, and I just think it's incredible how God brought two strangers together who shared the same pain and healed them through the fellowship they share in Christ.  How great is our God!

LJ

God is so good people!  Do you see it?  Do you see how He brings us the people we need?  Are you open to it?

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. (John 10:27-28)

Blessings,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment