Monday, May 6, 2013

The Mondays

Today I have a case of the Mondays.  We had this wonderful weekend.  Beau didn't have to work on Saturday and the weather was nice enough yesterday that we spent the whole afternoon outside.  Doing yard work, playing, just being us.  I thank God for the beautiful weekend, but today is Monday.



Monday means that I don't have my husband around to help me with everything; making food, prepping backpacks for school, taking care of the puppy, doctors appointments, nap-time meltdowns.  Then it struck me... at least I have his help when he is home.  I think of the single parents and the parents that don't get help from their spouse.  God has blessed me so much to have this wonderful relationship with Beau where we can rely on each other for help.  He stays patient when I'm not and vice versa.  It's a beautiful thing this relationship that God gave us.

Here's the thing about Monday though.  We're not alone.  We still have someone to lean into.  He was there the whole weekend.  He's there all the time.  He never leaves my side (or yours).  God is always with us there to help us through whatever Monday throws at us.

But.

Why do I allow that but to rear it's ugly face into my day?  Into my life?  Why can't I just lean into Him and accept His grace on this Monday?

Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. 
(Joshua 1:9)

That's right.  He's with me, with you, not matter what.

Blessings,
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment