Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Baking Bug

I woke up the other morning with the baking bug.  We were planning to make Barrett's teacher's gifts this morning (cinnamon and sugar pretzel nuggets), but I've already made Honey Oat Quick Bread and Maple Whole Wheat Bread.  I'm thinking about making loaves of Peppery Onion Bread and White Bread too.  Those might wait til later on :)

The cinnamon and sugar pretzel nuggets are so fast, easy and sooooooo GOOD!  I got the recipe from my mother-in-law at one of my bridal showers (almost 9 years ago!).  They are a wonderfully easy gift to make or a good last minute thing to bring to a party.  In this house we're lucky if they make it out the door.



Here's the recipe...
15-18 oz bag of pretzels (nuggets are best, but I've used twists, rings and sticks before)
2/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Dump pretzels into large microwave safe bowl.  Pour oil, sugar and cinnamon over the pretzels and mix well.  Microwave on high for 2 minutes.  Stir.  Microwave on high an additional 3-4 minutes until oil is absorbed (stirring every minute).  Let cool before serving or bagging up to give away.



And here's a picture of the Honey Oat Quick Bread.  The recipe can be found here.  
It's so easy and amazing... you have to try it!

Yes, that is Batman and the Joker in the background.  



In case you want to try it (I didn't take a picture before it got eaten) here is the recipe for the Maple Whole Wheat Bread.

Hope the baking bug bites you sometime soon!  

Megan





No comments:

Post a Comment